Monday, October 13, 2008

Orange-crowned Update

I received an email last evening from a friend which contained an interesting sighting I wanted to share. Tom Johnson emailed indicating that there were at least two Orange-crowned Warblers at the Cape May Point State Park yesterday. The one I referred to in my last post, at the hawkwatch platform seen from the Big Sit and another found near the state park entrance.

This brings the island total for this species to 5 individuals. I only wish I could have gotten out more yesterday to try and get a better sense at to whether or not there were more around. I'd be very interested to learn of other Orange-crowned Warbler sightings from yesterday, 10/12/08, from around Cape Island. Or, from around Cape may County for that matter. Feel free to email me with sightings info using the link at the top of the page. Please indicate Orange-crowned Warbler or OCWA in the subject heading.

No comments: